Thursday, March 3, 2011

2 weeks to go!

Its now just over two weeks until we head up to Singapore to race the 70.3!

My training has been very consistent for the past two months and I am really happy with how things are going. I am heading down to Albany this weekend, located about 5 hours south of Perth, to race in the Albany Classic. The race is Olympic distance and will be a good hit out before Singapore. I did this race last year and really enjoyed the course, so it has been penciled in on my calendar for a while. There is $1,000 up for grabs for first place so most of the guys will make the trip down for this one.

Ironman New Zealand is on this weekend and a few guys from our squad have gone over to race. I am really excited for my close friends Johan and Helen who are racing on the weekend. I spend a lot of time with these 2 and am excited to see what they do! Good luck to everyone who is racing, Johan, Helen, Janine, Max, Scott, Ash and Prinz. My coach Stu has also gone over and was meant to be racing but has unfortunately had to pull the pin on this one.

With my coach and training buddies away this week I took the opportunity to get on the running track at Challenge Stadium with Brad Hosking's running group. It is the first time I have done a running session on a track and I had a great time. The session was individualised for each athlete based on recent results. Brad has a table that calculates your 'i' pace and that is the pace you run during each effort.

We did a simple warm up before the main set which involved:
  • 3 min @ i
  • 2.40 recovery
  • 4 min @ i
  • 3.40 recovery
  • 5 min @ i
  • 4.40 recovery
  • 4min @ i
  • 3.40 recovery
  • 3min @ i
  • 2.40 recovery
My 'i' pace was 3.41 min/km. My GPS showed I ran 10km during the session, or which 19min was was 'i' pace. I was happy with how the session went and would recommend going to give Brad's session a go. They meet at 6 on the track!

In other news I have been working with Ian (XU1sports) and LSDsports.com to get the CEEPO distribution rights in WA. We just put in the first order and will have some CEEPO bikes on show at the Busselton 70.3 in May. If you don't know much about these bikes have a look at www.ceepo.com.

In work news, I handed my sample reports into the Australia Property Institute at the start of this week. I now have to wait to find out when my professional interview will be and then once that is completed, I should be a Certified Practicing Valuer! Exciting times.

Cheers,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment