Thursday, March 24, 2011

Singapore Day 3 (day before the race)

We had a bit of a sleep in this morning waking up at 8am. I had a really good sleep which is always important two nights before the race. It was then time for breakfast before a final check over the bikes. We checked our bikes in nice and early to avoid the crowds and get it over and done with. We rode down to the transition area, got our timing bands and racked our bikes. A few of us ran back to the hotel as our final run before the race.

Today was a lot hotter than previous days but was not unbearable. I am now thankful for the hot and humid weather we had in Perth at the start of the year! Mark, Peter and I jumped into the hotel pool to cool off! Mark and I went back to our rooms to rest our legs for a while. Ian made it to Singapore at lunch time so we met up with him before eating lunch at Subway.

The afternoon was low key. I had a couple of hours sleep and chilled out in our room before dinner. A group of us went across the street to a pasta shop and then got a sundae for desert! Great pre race food J.

When I got back to the hotel I packed my bag for the morning and watched Monsters Inc!

Only one more sleep!

I am really looking forward to the race, I know I have done the work and now it is time to put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment