Sunday, December 18, 2011

State Sprint Champs

This morning I 'raced' the State Sprint Championships at Hillary's (Race 1 of the Tri Events Series).  I had no real expectations heading into the race, given the ironman was only 2 weeks ago. The goal was to go out and have a bit of fun!

The swim course changed slightly from what is has been for the past few races at Hillary's.  This edition of the race saw a buoy 100m off the shore before a left turn.  This made the first 100 metres fast and very very congested! It was brutal but all fun and games. I had a reasonable swim, coming out the water in 7th position in a time of 12.04 . 



The bike course is three laps and it was VERY windy.  We had a huge tail wind heading north and hard head wind coming south.  I really struggled through the headwind sections and lacked power... no surprise.  Off the bike in 33.44.

The 'run' was a simple out and back course.  Not much to report on this part of the run. My legs had nothing (again no real surprise), I went through the motions and got to the finish.  Overall I finished in a time of 1.06.55, finishing 13th in the open category (20th overall).


Not one of my best races however it was fun to be out on the race track again!

1 comment: