Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recovery

It's been over a week since the Ironman - seriously where has the time gone?

I am flat out at work, we are trying to get settlment on our house prior to christmas and there has been two training sessions (if you can call it that).  I am also starting to plan my 2012 race calendar which is VERY exciting.

On Saturday morning my Ceepo Mamba (road bike) saw the sun for the first time in a while.  Lisa, Helen, Lauren, Lyndall, Ben and myself went on a easy spin around the river - which included a little stop at Daisies :-)

On sunday Lisa and I  did some work (sanding and re staining) on some outdoor furniture for our new home - I am going to be very busy when we move in...

Triathlon WA held a seminar with a few athletes on 'Becoming a Pro', with pro triathletes Guy Crawford and Bill Scanlan.  It was a very informative session and the big message I got out of it was 'be paitent'! Going pro is my goal and I am putting in the yards to achieve my dream!

Paul Newsome (swim coach extraordinaire) and Guy Crawford (uber swimmer) have setup a small swim squad with a group of athletes to help take our swimming to the next level (chasing the dream!).  The first session was today and Paul did some video analysis and we also did a 400m and 200m time trial. This is the data that will determine our swim sets and benchmark our improvement over the coming months!

I did a 1 on 1 video analysis session with Paul about 12 months ago so it was good to review the improvements I have made.  I still have areas which need work, but I have improved which is good! The biggest issue for me is pacing (reflected in my TTs), which may have been why my swim time was slow at Busso... A big thank you to Paul from Swimsmooth for this awesome opportunity!


I am racing the State Sprint Champs at Hillary's on Sunday... can't wait!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment