Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to the real world

After 9 weeks in Europe Lisa and I arrived home last night. We had an amazing time exploring France, Greece, Italy, Croatia and Spain while drinking and eating far too much! We both worked really hard to save for our trip for the last 6 months and it was well worth the sacrifice.

I am sitting here now with a new perspective on life, new goals and ambitions and a desire to become with best athlete I can.

In order to achieve my goals and ambitions, I will be training and racing with the mantra 'Earn your Dream'. With hard work, dedication, the right group of people and the passion I have, my mantra will one day become 'Live your dream'.

After 9 weeks of NO training, I got out on my bike with Mark this morning for a pedal to Point Walter. It was a great feeling to be back out there, but my fitness was obviously not there. I am really looking forward to building up for the Anaconda Adventure Race in November, and then on to NZ half in Jan. I am hoping it doesn't take too long to get my fitness back to where it was.

Back to the real world tomorrow starting with work. I will have a sleep in to try and recover from the jet lag and then get wet for a swim in the evening.

Count down to anaconda is on! 3 Months.

Time to get fit!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment