Saturday, February 19, 2011

New race shoes!

Last week I received a package in the mail from LSDsports.com with some gear from one of our team sponsors K-Swiss.


I got a pair of the light weight K-Ruuz race shoe. I have put on elastic laces with toggles and the weight of BOTH shoes is 385 grams!

With the Hillary's sprint distance triathlon tomorrow I though I better give them a run before the race. I had 100km on the bike this morning on the flats before a quick transition and i was off a short 4km run off the bike. I slipped into the K-Ruuz shoes and they felt fast and very comfortable. I did a few efforts and was happy to be holding a fast pace, giving me some confidence for tomorrow!

During the LSD training camp in Falls Creek earlier in the year, I got some great advice from the team, especially from Campbell and Brad. The information and advice has changed my attitude and focus to training and racing in a really positive way. I have a lot more belief and confidence in my running ability and that is defiantly showing in my training. I really love getting out and running now and I feel like I am really improving.

First local race of the season tomorrow and I am pumped! I am racing in the Open category :)



No comments:

Post a Comment