Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Keeping on track with Tanita


I have been back into training for close to 2 months now and I am really happy with how things are coming along. I have been using my Tanita body composition scales to help access my progress during this time.

Here is some data from my initial reading a few months ago:

Weight
70.5kg
Body Fat 11%
Body Water 63%
Visceral Fat 1
Bone Mass 3.1 kg
Muscle Mass 59.7 kg
Physique Rating 5
Metabolic Age 12

During the past 2 months I have been taking regular readings from the scale which have helped me see what my body has been up to in terms of my weight and more importantly the muscle and bone mass. Another key area which is the body water % which as an athlete, is obviously very important.

Coming back to full time training after 2 months of traveling around Europe was initially a bit of a shock to the system but I am feeling great again. During my holiday period I lost a lot of my muscle mass and got a little but chubby which was quite evident (to me anyway). My weight has been very slow to come down as I am loosing fat during my base building period and my muscles mass is building up again (muscle weights more than fat).

I have noticed as I am changing cycles in my program my weight is slowly starting to drop. Below is some data from today:

Weight 69.5kg
Body Fat 9.1%
Body Water 69.5%
Visceral Fat 1
Bone Mass 3.1 kg
Muscle Mass 60.1 kg
Physique Rating 5
Metabolic Age 12

The data above is starting to show signs of improvement which I am happy about but most importantly I am starting to feel strong again in my training.

My Tanita race top for the Anaconda Adventure Race

I went down to Augusta to check out the Anaconda Adventure Race course on the weekend. It gave me a lot of confidence and motivation for the last 4 and a half weeks until race day. Its going to be a great race!

Keep an eye out on the Tanita face book page for a pre-race update, hopefully my readings will be back to where they were prior to last years race!

Cheers,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment