Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quick trip to Sydney

I am currently over in Sydney at the Triathlon Australia Nation Conference, along with 9 other TWA club reps.  The conference 'Building our Base: Foundations for the Future' has been about building participation in the sport from a club level.

It is been a great opportunity for me personally to meet and have a chat with other club presidents/reps to get a better understanding of my role as president of the Fremantle Triathlon Club.  I have lots of ideas and have a better understanding of the national structure of triathlon.
View from my room overlooking Botany Bay

Will be back home this evening ready for the final count down to the Busselton Ironman - 10 weeks to the day!

Happy to report training is going well. I have a big day on Saturday which is has been called 'Big Training Day' (BTD)- will be a good opportunity to test my some carbo loading, pre race nutrition, race nutrition, pacing and how my body reacts.  I am not overly concerned about it as I have had some big training day over the past few months which I have handled really well.

Not much else to report at the moment, life is busy, the days are not long enough and it is becoming increasingly hard to fit everything in - all part of the journey and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment