Friday, October 28, 2011

No news is good news

Well it has been a while since my last update... but i suppose no news is good news!

Training has been going to plan and I am feeling ready and confident for Ironman Western Australia.

The last week has given me a lot of confidence in my preparation with some great training sessions.  Last Saturday was a long day on the bike (200km) followed by a short run.  Sunday, a solid 32km run followed by 6km fartlek run in the evening, giving me a total of 38km for the day.

Today was a public holiday in Perth thanks to GHOGM and we had an open water swim at Champion Lakes. I had a great swim and I finally felt like I could swim again! Happy Days :-)

Another couple of big weeks in the program!

A big congratulations to Matty Burton on his win at the Ironman World Championship (18-24 age group) a couple of weeks ago. The way Matty prepared for this race was very inspiring and his win was well deserved!

Will try and keep my blog updated over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment