Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Busy times

It has been a very busy few weeks for me and I am looking forward to a little break over Easter. In exciting news, I am now a Certified Practising Valuer! I had my professional interview with the Australian Property Institute last week and found out on Tuesday I was successful. I am really pleased about this as it has been the result of 3 years at uni and 2 years work of work experience! Happy Days :-)

Training has also been going pretty well, however I have missed a few sessions over the last couple of weeks as I was preparing for my interview. Last Tuesday (the day before my interview) I went out for our my usual interval session with Johan and managed 10mins of the first 20min effort (in a set that had an hour of efforts). My mind was clearly distracted and not on the job so I sat up and we just rode an easy 60km.

It was such a relief to do the interview, but I had a few days to wait for the result which wasn't much fun. However everything worked out and I am now a very happy chap!

I did the Hillary's Triathlon on April 10th and had a solid race, in pretty tough windy conditions. I finished 7th in the open division, and 9th overall (same result as last time). I did a PB 5km run time in a race off the bike, by 3 seconds which I was happy with!

We had the XU1 Sports/CEEPO display which attracted some good attention. Be sure to come and visit us at the Busso 70.3 Retail Expo. We have been working hard to get everything organised and will have a good range of the 2011 CEEPO bikes, Leppin Sports Nutrition, XU1 hydration belts and bike boxes (on sale!) and AQUADIVA Swimwear. It was been a great learning experience getting this all organised and something I am looking forward to building on in the future!

I got the 2011 CEEPO Venom that I will be riding at Busso 70.3 in a few weeks and it looks AMAZING. I will take it out on its maiden voyage tomorrow morning! Expect a report to follow.
Looking forward to a solid training block for the next 10 days before starting to taper for my final race of the season!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment