Monday, April 4, 2011

Full steam ahead

I am back into full training after Singapore and I am already, as the pros say 'in the box'. My training from Monday to Friday was great. Johan, Helen, Scotty, Lisa and I made the decision to miss our Friday morning pool swim and head down to Coogee for an open water swim. It was a nice change for the week and we enjoyed a nice breakfast after (I had an AMAZING choc chip muffin!).

Breakfast after a nice open water swim at Coogee! Nice way to spend Friday morning.
On Friday afternoon Lisa's new bike, the CEEPO Vixen was just about ready to ride! We went to the bike shop and Stu fitted her up on it before putting the final touches on the bike.

Lisa was very excited to be getting a new bike before me....
My motivation seemed to change on Saturday morning as I missed my alarm! (first time in a ages) I still made the ride, just missed the start at raffles (thanks for the wake up msg Johan!). There were only 5 of us out riding and everyone seemed pretty tired and some what unmotivated, the wind wasn't much fun and I think everyone wanted to go home to bed! When everyone is feeling like that there isn't much hope of getting the 'mojo' back! So it was no surprise we were at the Brookton Hwy general store at 7.00am, 55km into our ride.....
We took a short cut to Brookton Hwy. Its always nice to go somewhere new!

The ride home along Roe Hwy was nice for as change....We had a rare tail wind!

We met up with Lisa on our way home. She loved her new ride!
When we got home I had clocked up just about 100km, more then enough given how flat I was feeling. Unfortunately I had no time to nap, instead Lisa and I had to go to Garden City Shopping Center.... Not my favourite place at the best of times, let alone Saturday lunch time! From there is was onto Coogee (a much happier place) for an easy 8km run before a swim. Spencer from Tri Oz Connect came down for the swim. It was nice to put a face to the name finally! Be sure to check out the site http://www.triozconnect.com/ to stay up to date with whats happening in the triathlon world.

On Sunday it was time for the ATTA 80km State Championship TT at Wandi. I did this race last year and was looking to see how things would compare. Unfortunately, not so good! My ride was disappointing but I stuck it out and managed to get through! I finished in 2.11.49 (37.21 km/hr) for the 82km (slightly long). On a positive note my lap splits were relatively even which was good:
  1. 16.07
  2. 16.34
  3. 16.47
  4. 16.25
  5. 16.28
  6. 16.48
  7. 16.32
  8. 16.08
After the ride I sliped on my running shoes for a quick 6km run. I felt pretty strong on the run and ran at just over 4 min/km. It was then home to bed..... Before going to Coogee Beach for the 3rd day in a row! This time ins and outs were on the cards. Its only ever a short session but it always hurts and gets the heart rate up! We stayed for a BBQ and a relax at the beach after which was a great way to spend Sunday evening after a hard week of training!

On Sunday (10 April) I will be racing the Hillary's triathlon. XU1 Sports will have a display at the race with CEEPO bikes on show. Come and have a chat to us there!

Cheers,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment