Thursday, April 22, 2010

Starting to wind down

Well with only just over a week left until the Busselton Half Ironman (my last race for the season) things are starting to slow down. I have a tough weekend of training ahead before a nice easy taper week. Only 2 more pool swims!! I'm really looking forward to having a break from those early morning sessions.

I am really happy with the progress I have made this season and I am happy with how my training has come together for Busso. I have a lot of confidence in my riding at the moment and am hoping that is reflected in my time next weekend.

Last weekend I was awarded the series for the TriEvents 2009/2010 Series, which was one of my goals for the season. I got a nice framed yellow leaders Jersey which I will be hanging up in the pool room!

The Busselton Half Ironman is the final race in the Triathlon WA State Series and I am currently sitting in 2nd place behind Mark (by 5 points). So the race next weekend is going to be very important (to get any points I need to finish 5th or higher and Mark needs to finish 6th or higher) and puts another incentive in for both Mark and I.

At the Busso Half last year I finished 7th and 3rd in the Triathlon WA Long Course State Championship. I am really hoping to improve on both those results and finish in the top 3 in my age group.

Only a few days before the race and I'm feeling great. Then it's time for a break, and Lisa and I are off to Europe for 9 weeks. But before we leave, there are a few things to get through, such as: My 21st, Lisa's 21st, Marks 21st so it will be a hectic few weeks of fun!

Cheers,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment