Friday, March 28, 2014

My plans for 2014/2015

I am feeling motivated (enough to actually write a blog relating to triathlon!) and I am really enjoying the training I have been doing over the past couple of months. It has been limited to only running, however I will be making a comeback on the bike tomorrow morning. Happy days!

Lisa and I have a pretty exciting year or racing ahead and I am look forward to working towards achieving the goals which I have set.

We travelled over to Melbourne at the start of February to compete in the inaugural Challenge Melbourne (half ironman). I rolled around the course in 4.41 finishing 8th in my age group, Lisa went around in 4.40 (yes she beat me) and took out her age group - check out her race report here.

Our focus has now shifted to running in preparation for the Great Wall (of China) Marathon with is a short 7 weeks away! We will be in China for two weeks and we are really excited to experience the race and the country.


As for the second half of 2014, Lisa will be racing Metaman Half Ironman, which is held on Bintan Island (Indonesia) and is just off Singapore as her lead in race to the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii in October.

For me, I will be a spectator for those two races and it will be my go towards the end of the year at Ironman WA.

There has been some discussion about a race in March 2015, however that is yet to be decided.

The main race for 2015 will be Challenge Roth, which is a race I have wanted to do since I became interested in Ironman racing.

We are trying to make the most of the sport while we can! It's going to be a fun few year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment