Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Journey Begins...

I am very excited to announce that I have entered the 2011 edition of Ironman Western Australia!
I have watched the last 3 races in Busso and I feel that next year is the time to give it ago. I am really excited about the next 12 months. I have an awesome support network and will have some great athletes to train with and learn from.

In other news, I had a cortisone injection on my Achilles tendon yesterday. Fingers crossed is will give me enough relief to have a couple of solid weeks of training and run well at the Port of Tauranga Half Ironman in a couple of weeks.

I am flying home via Melbourne where I am meeting up with the LSDsports.com team to do a training camp in Falls Creek. I am really looking forward to meeting a few more members of the team.

Well can't believe it is Christmas already. This year has gone so fast, and what a great year it has been!

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me during the year. In particular:
  • Tony and Cam from LSDsports.com
  • Kevin and the team at Tanita
  • Ian from XU1 Sports
  • Stu my coach from Eclipse Fitness
  • Stu from Glen Parker Cycles South for his help during the 2009/2010 season
  • All my training mates, who motivate and inspire and make the sessions fun (Johan, Helen, Ben, Scotty, Doug, Janine and everyone else!)
  • Mark, also a training mate and best mate, we have come along way, but we have allot more work to do!
  • My very supporting girlfriend Lisa, I love you! Thanks :)
  • My family, Mum, Dad and Lauren.

Looking forward to the challenges and goals I have set for 2011, starting the the Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman in New Zealand on 8 January. I will give up update from over in NZ.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment