Monday, June 23, 2014

The beginning of my training diary to Western Australia - Week 1

I have been 'in and out' of triathlon during the past two and a half years and today I am making the commitment that I am 'all 'in' for the next 12 months as I prepare for Ironman Western Australia 2014 and for Challenge Roth in 2015.

Keeping a training diary has never been a strong point of mine; so as part of the process, I have made the decision to keep a detailed, weekly training diary leading into IMWA. The purpose of this weekly training blog update is to keep me accountable for my preparation...

Week 1 - 16 June 2014
Monday
PM - Swim @ Riverton
3km
7x400m swim
200 cool down

Tuesday
Lunch - Swim @ Claremont
3.1km
800wu
4x100 fins with drills
8x50 mix of pull, paddles and bands
5x300 on CSS + 6, 4, 2, 1, 0
Notes: Paul had me use a CCC pace of 1.28 to test the waters. Just a little fast, managed to hold the first 3 x 300 but fell off the pace in the last two.

Wednesday
AM - Swim @ Claremont
4.8km
6x200m
2x600m
4x300m
1200m 
Notes: Struggled through the set this morning. Almost got out after the 400ms but struggled through. Last 1200m was on 19.19.

Thursday
OFF

Friday
PM - Run
5km
Notes: First run back since China... yes I have been lazy. Nice to be out on the road. 

Saturday
AM - Run
12km
Notes: No GPS so I can't report on any specific details. I ran the first 6km with a bit of intent and cruised the last 6km home.

Sunday
OFF

Weekly totals
Swim: 12.7km
Bike: 0km
Run: 17km


My week in review:

A little light on the training but I am easing into a routine slowly! Legs were pretty sore after my 12km run on Saturday...

Will be interesting to see this weekly summary grow over the next few months.

AT




No comments:

Post a Comment